Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Going Postal

In Anytown, USA there is a discussion happening in the communal kitchens of regular joe offices about any number of inappropriate and slightly racist/sexist/homophobic topics that would give Gloria Allred a proverbial hard on.  One might think there’s a generational gap, blame the old-timers for their backward views. No such luck.  Office mates from 20-70 proselytize about the "Orientals" who make their carry-out, the Non-english speaking guests of our country who take their drive-through order, anyone who isn’t a WASP and would dare wish a Happy Holiday instead of a Merry Christmas, and The Gays.  Now I’m not suggesting it’s an episode of the 700 Club, I’m merely reporting out that there is more subtle racism/sexism/ageism/homophobia in work-a-day America than folks would like to admit.  I, for one, pledge to stand up against such tyranny and speak out atop my soapbox at mention of ANYTHING vaguely inappropriate – not because I am a curmudgeon or highly moral or even politically correct, but because I hate these fucking people so damn much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment