Sunday, February 3, 2013

BFF from hell Part Deux

Despite my burning dislike for the bff, I continued contact with Goosey.  I could tell that Goosey could tell that I was not keen on the bff. This is where Goosey loses points. The entire time we communicated, I thought of the three times I went to the bathroom at the bar. That's three times Goosey could have told the BFF to STFU.  Her bff was clearly making her feel uncomfortable right along with me. Out of nowhere, Goosey started executing the full court press.  I love the New York Mets. She worked from home and had plenty of time to look for bars that played Mets games and get Mets box seats. Say what now?  I felt really obligated, especially since her answer to 'Do you like the Mets?' was 'Sure, i'm trying to get into baseball'. 

Now, I love to be courted, but I didn't expect this at all. The problem is, I had to tell her I hate her bff. I know from experience and having a bff that is pretty abrasive and bitter is really off putting to strangers. I contemplated how I could tell her about the BFF and actually go on another date so I could actually get to know Goosey. I was racked with guilt, and uncertainty and the need to never see the BFF again. I figured it was best to alleviate me of the burden and make her not ask me out again.  At some point after I avoided every other invite and completely ran out of ways to tell her I hated her bff, I agreed to meet.  I made it my objective to get Goosey to never ask me out again. I figured with my winning personality, the only way I could get her not to like me is to do something disgusting like smoke cigarettes. Every five minutes. Needless to say, I never heard from Goosey again.  If someone told me they hated my bff, I would decide they were not important enough. I didn't want Goosey to even think about it or I removed myself of the responsibility. Even though I actually liked talking to her and rather enjoyed spending time with her, I did not feel it was my place to say I hated her bff. I feel guilty about this, but it was the humane thing to do on my part. They were friends over 20 years. We just met. No harm no foul. Sort of . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment