Wednesday, April 10, 2013

EE part uno


The OK cupid Chronicles are done. We had proved what we set out to prove. Some might see it as a self-fulfilling prophecy, but that is their want. All I know is, I have had it with women. As I was about to shut down my OK cupid profile AGAIN, I got a message from someone we will call EE. It's not a far stretch from her screen name, but believe me,  she deserves full credit here. 
EE sent me a msg that within seconds, was an invite to hang out. I wanted to see the movie Pariah and it came up in conversation, so that was the plan. I was not EE's type by any stretch of the imagination. The plan to hang out seemed as fucking harmless as possible. Of course I was wrong, which is a constant theme.

I meet EE at the designated place and upon meeting she tells me she invited some other chick. No problem with me. The other chick, whose name escapes me, was cute. Very cute. Good for EE. The movie was viewed and there is always the post-movie conclave of where to go next. I had to work in the am so my vote was home. The other chick and EE wanted to go out. No problem. I’m hopping on the L train; they can do whatever the fuck they want to do.  All of a sudden, EE changed her desire to hang out suddenly after she ascertained that we live within two stops of one another. Weird.

On the train, we talked and unnamed girl is smart, funny, attractive and somehow eluding the attention of EE, who is bizarrely focused on me. After we transferred trains, leaving unnamed girl to meet up with her sister, I knew I should preemptively nip this potential problem in the bud. We talked about OK Cupid. She told me about her use of it and I told her I’m just on there to meet new people.  Then, she described her type.  EE is apparently a one female article of clothing kind of dyke. A la the fifties. I told her I don't have a type. She then peppered me with questions about whether I would date a "butch" (her words).  I told her I like all things vagina and I would date who I am attracted to. She nearly had a stroke trying to comprehend how I could deviate from prehistoric gender norms. What I had just admitted was apparently gross to her.  She couldn’t understand a lesbian who doesn’t subscribe to binary gender roles.  At this point EE falls into the small category of not-my-type because of her mind set.
 

She wanted to hang again, which was fine with me, because I have too many open minded friends anyway.  Nothing wrong with hanging out with someone out of my comfort zone; I could learn something here. And Jesus fucking Christ did I. Wait for part two….

No comments:

Post a Comment