Saturday, July 20, 2013

I Want A Do-Over

I just met 22. She is gorgeous, vibrant, exploratory and fun. I got nothing out of 22. I mean, except a college education that I insert into casual conversation like I have Asperger’s. I can tell you what drugs do your body, but I can't tell you how they feel. I spent 22 in the lap of some girl while my mom was dying. A girl who clearly had that Sunshine thing cause she pretends like she never knew me. She erased ten years of her life including my 22. My 22 was like being in a locked room with the Joker constantly asking "Why so serious?" I spent 22 collecting wounds you can't see. The scars are now so faint there are no stories to tell.

I want a do over. I want to make allegedly regrettable decisions. I want to get invited. I want to go to parties and actually get drunk. I want to make career altering mistakes like tattoos in the middle of the night. I want to collect new wounds with stories that make me want to sing. I want to do 22 all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment